As many of my readers know, I have had a challenging fall, not filled with travels to Tucson, Nashville, Quebec, and London like I had planned, but stalled by an accident and a lengthy road to recovery. However, with the opportunity to focus, I have spent much time catching up with good friends and family, reading, and remembering my past travels and adventures, many of which are highlighted in my last year of posts.
Matter of fact, on the 25th of this month, the Ms Traveling Pants blog officially has ist 1st Anniversary. To start ramping up for the celebrations, I have created a Top Ten List of Inspiring Travel Quotes. I used the famous style of David Letterman and Late Night’s Top Ten to rank my favorites (of course saving the best for last). Drum roll please….
10. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
9. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
8. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
6. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
5. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
4. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
3. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
2. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
1. “Every occasion in life can be categorized as either a good time or a good story.” – Unknown (As you may know, this is the quote that upon which I base many of my posts. I feel that is gives good perspective to travel as well as life’s ups and downs.)
You may agree with my choices and ranking above, but you may also have your differences or others that I have failed to mention here. Please add a comment or other quotes to help me celebrate the up and coming ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of MS TRAVELING PANTS’ BLOG on November 25th!