In under two weeks, I will be flying across the Pacific pond for my first kiwi experience of both the North and South Islands of magical New Zealand. I want to make the trip focused on active, adventure travel as well as cultural tourism: localvore (eating local), wine and craft bee tasting, and learning about its Maori culture. As I’m cruising the time in each port is short, but I wanted to gather tips from seasoned New Zealand travelers about these kiwi destinations:
- Auckland – Tips for a good hike or walk in town + wine tasting?
- Bay of Islands – Recommendations for exploring Paihia + casual cafe?
- Tauranga – Seeking advice about the Mount hike and saltponds afterwards?
- Wellington – Tips for walking the city and a place to eat (Doing the cable car, which is a must!)
- Akaroa – Ideas for short hike or walk + good eats?
- Dunedin – Recommendations for walking and/or biking near to the port?
Have you traveled to New Zealand? What is your verdict on these destinations? Can you give me your firsthand tips on what to do AND most certainly what NOT to do too! I always love to receive travel tips from other adventureros/as. Help me make my first kiwi experience outstanding.
Here’s to more good times and good stories!